If you have a business that is on the small side, local SEO is your best bet instead of national SEO. It is very important to have local SEO strategies in order to allow individuals that are close to your business to find you. With this type of SEO, you can be sure to rank higher on a local level. Here are the top 10 tips that can help you improve your local SEO.
1. Google My Business accounts are a must for SEO. When you create your account, you are essentially putting your company on the map for free. This registry will allow your site to show up in all devices.
2. Look to past customers to review your product or services. A good review can encourage others to purchase the same service or become a client of yours. It has been found in a study that 85% of individuals will take the advice of a review as they believe it.
3. Voice search should be optimized when trying to improve your local SEO efforts. You should optimize how individuals are talking into their devices rather than how one would type it in the search bar. Most customers tend to use long tail keywords if they do a voice search as opposed to the regular searches. Use questions that are most likely to occur, such as whom, where, what, why, and how.
4. Create an about us page. This is great for location because you will need to add where you are located. Do not forget to add your business hours along with your name, address, and phone number. You should also include any testimonials on this page. If you have specific places your customers need to park, be sure to place that on this page as well.
5. Never forget that your website needs to be optimized for a mobile device. This is especially important as more individuals are using their phones to place orders or make appointments. Visits to websites from mobile devices are increasing each year, so if your site is not optimized for these devices, make it a priority to do so.
6. Base your website’s content around local events. This can really grab the attention of locals as the content will pertain to them or interest them more. Perhaps you could do a blog post about a local charity, or use a video from a local event.
7. Local keywords are the way to go. You can use Keyword Planner to see which words are popular choices in your neck of the woods. These words should be in your meta description and content, as well as your URL.
8. Online business directories can be your best friend when it comes to SEO. MapQuest, Apple Maps, and Yelp are great choices, as are YellowPages, HubSpot, Angie’s List, and Manta. You can also use Facebook as a sort of online business directory.
9. Have a web page for each product. This will allow you to have several pages, instead of having all information on just one page. This will make it less overwhelming to your customers when they visit your site.
10. Look for backlinks for your site that are of high-quality. Make sure the content you create is high-quality too for these links. Should you decide to do guest posting, be sure they have a high domain authority.
If you are looking to improve your local SEO, it is best to contact a professional if you are not able to take the task on yourself. Consider contacting Local SEO Company today. They can assist you in getting more website traffic, converting leads to sales, help with your keyword research, and so much more!