Hiring an SEO agency to help expand your business is a pretty common practice these days, but there are always going to be certain circumstances where firing an agency seems ideal. You need to be able to figure out which SEO companies are actually going to be worth the amount of money you’re putting into them, and only the right SEO company should be the one that’s getting your money. A proper SEO specialist is going to have a varied set of skills, they should be able to work with any project SEO related that you need handled and that’s just the bottom line. We’re going to go through a few different reasons as to why you should fire any SEO company that isn’t getting the job done right, because in the end you deserve to have somebody you can rely on when it comes to your search engine optimization endeavours.
- They Can’t Explain What They’re Doing – If the company can’t explain the processes that they’re actually implementing into your SEO strategy than they’re probably not the people you should be working with. Every single SEO company out there that is worth their weight in gold will be able to walk you through just about every single process, even though the service you’re working with now might be working it’s still going to come back and get you in the behind sooner or later.
On top of all of that there are many different tactics to use in SEO, whether they be white hat or black hat (or even a blend of the two, which is grey hat) they should still give you a reasonable explanation.
- Spam-like Backlinks Significantly Increase – If the company is going to keep hitting your website with spammy backlinks than you need to get rid of them, that’s one thing that’s going to hit your site hard and if you don’t take care of it quickly you’ll be in a bad position.
- They Don’t Change With the Updates – Search engines are constantly updating, this means that you need to be worried about your SEO company changing with them. If your provider isn’t ready for the updates being implemented by the search engines than you aren’t going to get optimal results, and that’s essentially what you should be shooting for every single time. Some of the services that are trying to grab onto your money won’t worry about these updates, but the reputable ones already have plans and look two years into the future (hypothetically of course).
If your SEO specialist is showing any signs of these traits you should really consider replacing them with somebody who is much more competent, after all you really wouldn’t somebody who doesn’t know what they’re doing handling your SEO work, would you? Keep yourself surrounded by people who are truly looking to succeed and you should succeed yourself, it’s one of those things that only works if you truly believe in it!
Being a small business isn’t going to get you anything but a tougher time in the industry, but that’s where most of us tend to prosper. If you’ve had the ability to check out the many different processes of SEO than you already understand what needs to be done, but if you haven’t had the time to check all of that out than you’re going to be lagging behind a few businesses that are just like your own. This means that the larger corporations that happen to be in your industry are going to be miles ahead when it comes to their presence and their customer base, but that’s why you have to make sure that you’re in the right place SEO wise. Local SEO holds a lot of importance, and failing to handle it properly will definitely hurt your chances of being successful in the future. It’s 2014 and that means all of the technological advancements we’re used to have become part of society.
People are checking their Instagram feeds as often as they possibly can and others are logging into Twitter so they can check up on their close friends. We’re going to give you three very specific tips that should help you out when it comes to being competitive in the game of SEO, because being competitive is the only thing you can do in order to assert your business. If you aren’t aggressive you’re going to miss out, so make sure that you’re being relatively aggressive with your business decisions.
- Make sure that you specialize in a specific industry or niche – Being a company that specializes in certain areas when it comes to local SEO is one that’s going to thrive. Being able to dominate specific niches means that you can build your brand however you’d like, you’ve already got the power and work ethic ready to go anyways (this is key if you’re looking to take out competitive businesses around you).
- Long-tail keywords – Make sure that you’re long-tail keywords (usually referred to as LSI’s and such). They’re terms that surround your initial focus term, you can use them to draw more traffic (which means more eyes) to you main page that’s clearly pointing to your main keyword. Whenever you can apply these kinds of keywords you should be doing so, because failing to incorporate those means that you’re missing out on tons of potential customers. A successful business capitalizes on just about every single opportunity they’re given, and that’s not the way to do it.
- Target your local consumers – Keeping things within the mix of your local customers is a great way to go about expanding, there’s no better way to assert yourself as a business than to tackle the local community. When you’re popular in the local community you’re popularity is going to rub off on other regions, and eventually you’ll be a household name (make sure your local SEO process actually uses local keywords as well).