Law firm SEO is essential when your goal is to land on page one. And with your GMB (Google My Business) profile, you have a better chance of showing up on this page and being featured with not only a link to your website but also reviews and contact information.
In this article, we will discuss the top tips and tricks to land on page one with your law firm SEO strategies using your GMB profile.
There are many tricks and tips for attorney SEO that can help a law firm website land a page one spot just using the information submitted from their Google My Business profile. Consider using any one of these tips and tricks to assist with your law firm SEO strategies.
1. Get specific about your law firm. If you are a law firm that specializes in workman’s compensation, list Workman’s Comp lawyer or something similar to this. If you are a divorce attorney, list divorce attorney. Never list just a lawyer or attorney. Some will argue that they will not show up in as many searches. While that is true, know that you will rank higher when you specialize in a niche.
2. Obtain reviews from previous clients that were impressed or satisfied with your services. Think about yourself when looking at different products or services. Do you look at the reviews of what others have written? Or do you just go with the first service/product you find? Most of us will read reviews, so make sure you have plenty of these on your GMB profile. As an added benefit to these reviews, your GBM profile could see an increase in the SERPS, as Google is a huge fan of reviews.
3. In order to land on page one, you may consider using link building. Link building is a great tip of law firm SEO as Google can check how prominent you are- how well known you are online, as well as how valuable your firm is to those that are performing searches. This is where backlinking comes into place. When you have many backlinks, your site is more trusted by Google, as well as very prominent.
4. A great attorney SEO tip is to make sure you have completed your profile on your GMB. It is advised to have at least 50 images. If you are having trouble with this number, you need to at least have more images then your competition. Make sure that all names are accurate and correct, and use a video on your profile. You should also write a full business description and service description. This will also help you to optimize your business profile. Be sure to add in keywords that will be helpful when potential customers search law firms.
5. Remove duplicate content. If you have a few locations for your law firm, make sure that each location is only associated with one GMB profile. If a location has already been associated with another GMB, it will not appear on Google maps. If you do have a duplicate listing, it is easy to remove. Always remember to prioritize the listing that you want to be associated with your Google My Business account.
You can use your GMB listing to help your law firm land on page one of the SERPS. Remember for the best attorney SEO, you want to be as specific as you can about what type of lawyers your firm has. Always make sure you have plenty of reviews and have link building done. Your GMB profile should be filled out completely, and all duplicate content will need to be removed.
If you are not able to do this yourself for your law firm, consider hiring Local SEO Company for all your law firm SEO needs.