When your business has a certain physical location then it is likely that you are already aware of the significance of achieving and maintaining visibility in the eyes of local search engines. Almost half of the searches on the internet are intended to be a local search. They use search queries such as [keyword][city][state] for finding out about the products and services specific to the locations where you are running your business. In most cases, these searchers are ready to spend money. If they cannot find your locations listed on the first page of SERPs they are likely to turn to your competitors. Let’s see some signs you can observe when a business needs the services of professional local SEO services.
1. All locations of the business are listed on a single page of your site: This is a common oversight that can cripple the visibility of your business. For optimizing every location effectively you will need a specific webpage that gives you the capability to target important locations and keywords in the Meta description and HTML title. This is impossible with a single landing page mentioning all the locations.
2. Illogical site structure: Don’t make it difficult for the users otherwise they will find the information they need elsewhere. The location pages have to be structured with a logical hierarchy for the search engine to understand how every page can fit into a section of content. Although it depends on the number of locations you have, here is a typical structure for the content: domain-URL/locations/state/city/store. Independent pages can also give you an indexable content area required for adequately describing unique services offered by that location.
3. No deep links to the locations: While you are updating the listings on Google My Business or any other map feed, you need to give deep links that will take the searcher directly to the location details they are looking for instead of leaving them on a high-level page or a Home page where they will be left stranded having to further search for the best alternative. In most cases, the local searchers are looking for a phone number, address, or other services that are specific to a location. Do not make it even more difficult for them.
4. Lack of knowledge about the amount of traffic coming to the site by using local search: Sometimes you are struggling to monitor the performance of your local landing pages. This is the right time to talk to pros that can get into the local analytics and give you a report mentioning the action-to-be taken items. The two sources of data viz. organic local traffic and maps can provide valuable insight into your local search campaign. They need to be tracked and reported to have granular insight into the current performance of every location.
5. Being unaware of the business citations needing work: One of the significant aspects of local SEO that is overlooked many times or avoided is the management of citations. A citation is the mention of NAP information of your business with or without a link that is present on the local-based sites or directories across the internet. Some of the common examples of the influential sites that keep the listing data are Yellow Pages, Yelp, Merchant Circle, and Facebook.
First, decide whether you are in the need to take the plunge and optimize the local search for making your business grow. In the beginning, you can start by assessing where your company stands at the moment and develop a list of tasks according to priority to decide the areas where a direct impact has to be made quickly. If you are looking to investigate the local search services available in Jacksonville, you can place a call to Local SEO Jacksonville Company.