With 2019 already here, it is time to start thinking about how you can reign with SEO this year. It is important to make sure that you have a digital marketing plan that will work for your company.
In this article, we will discuss seven SEO steps that you can take in order to make the most of 2019. Each step will help to complement the others so your website can rank higher than ever.
Seven SEO Steps For 2019
- Content has and will always be king. Even if you are sick of hearing this, content on your page will help you rank well and draw in traffic. No one wants to visit a site that has outdated news. Keep the content flowing by adding unique content on a regular basis to keep your traffic high. And while we are on the subject of content, it is important to have the appropriate length. It is advised to have at least 800 words, but many prefer to have as many as 1500 words for keywords that competitive.
It is also wise to break your content into sections to make it easier on the eyes. Keep paragraphs short and to the point to maximize this. Never fill in with fluff, as this can hurt you more than it can do good.
- Do your research. Keyword research that is. Make it a point to add your keyword to your URL. But keep your URL short. Shorter URLs will almost always rank better than longer ones.
- Use your keywords early on. The first 150 words of your page have the most impact on Google. Use your keyword once within these first 150 words.
- Remember to optimize your images. Google is not very brilliant when it comes to reading images. When you optimize all of your images, you are giving yourself a higher chance of ranking better. If you are unsure of how to optimizes, it is not hard to learn how. When you save an image, simply save it as a name that describes the image. You will also want to provide an alternate tag that is descriptive. For example, if your image is a mug of coffee, you could save it as coffee-mug.png. Then for the alternate tag, you could use hot coffee in a mug with creamer.
- Use high-quality outbound links. Look for sites that have high authority. These can include .gov or .org sites. Wikipedia links are also a good source. These will all help with your page rank in Google. Linking out to several outbound links is essential for SEO in 2019 as it will help to show that your content is relevant and trustworthy. Always make sure that none of the outbound links on your page are broken. The best way to check this is with a link checker that scans your site for broken links. Remember to never link to a site that is spam. Look for sites that have several outbound links themselves.
- Be mobile friendly. With more people using cell phones as their primary internet source, it is imperative to be mobile friendly. You will not rank very well if your site is not optimized for mobile devices. If you are not certain if your site is mobile friendly, you can check it on Google’s mobile-friendly testing tool.
- Add internal links. This is a great way to keep your customers on your site for a longer period of time. You can link them back to the home page, or to a different article, or even the contact page.
All of the seven steps above will help Google rank your site. If you need assistance to reign in 2019, consider contacting your Local SEO Jacksonville Company.